Parts Sales Coordinator
Parts Sales Coordinator
Elk Grove Village, IL
Date Written: April 1, 2020
Division: Machine Tool Division, Parts Sales Department
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL Office
Supervisor: Customer Support Supervisor, Elk Grove Village, IL
Shibaura Machine Company, America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shibaura Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including machine tools. The principal responsibility of the Parts Sales Coordinator is to provide superior customer service to those customers seeking repair parts and components, and associated information, for our machine tools.
- Coordinate the answering of incoming customer telephone calls and other forms of inquiry from customers in North America related to machine tool parts; properly identify parts and provide price and availability quotations.
- Coordinate the receipt, entry, and processing of customer parts orders, including invoicing.
- Coordinate the sourcing and purchase of parts to satisfy customer backorders and replenish inventory as required.
- Coordinate sourcing materials and vendor relationships.
- Assist with evaluating inventory needs and accuracy.
- Coordinate the deployment and effective use enhancements of the ERP and reporting software systems to improve parts sales customer support.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of seasonal and periodic marketing strategies to encourage sales and reduce inventory levels of selected products as directed by management.
- Coordinate the accurate maintenance and update of all customer and vendor files including; electronic data, sales orders, purchase orders, quotes, and correspondence.
- Coordinate effective communication with all vendors, including overseas sources, to ensure all purchase orders and inquiries are processed in a timely and accurate fashion, monitoring any changes to estimated delivery time.
- Coordinate effective communication of any changes to estimated delivery to customers.
- Coordinate the effective resolution of customer complaints and issues with respect to parts sales, and implement solutions.
- Assist warehouse personnel in identification of parts and processing of orders.
- Coordinate the processing of returned/damaged product, including serialized electronic parts, issuing credits as required.
Any other duties and tasks, consistent with your abilities, which may be assigned.
- Two (2) years of college or the equivalent experience
- Two (2) years of experience reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written, and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Multi-lingual capability, written and oral, English / Spanish / Japanese.
- Experience operating power lift trucks and overhead crane is preferred.
- Experience sourcing materials and vendor relationships
- Experience with, and knowledge of, machine tools and related equipment.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar ERP integrated software systems to manage operations.
- General office environment with some warehouse work.