Parts Sales Associate
Parts Sales Associate
Elk Grove Village, IL Office/Hybrid
Date Written: January 20, 2023
Division: Casting and Molding Division
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL Office/Hybrid
Supervisor: Assistant Manager, Parts
FT/PT: Full-Time, 35 hours/week
Shibaura Machine Co., America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including plastic injection molding machines. The principal responsibility of the Parts Sales Associate is to provide superior customer service to those customers seeking repair parts and components, and associated information, for our injection molding machines.
- Answer incoming customer telephone calls and other forms of inquiry related to injection molding parts; properly identify parts and provide price and availability quotations via email or phone.
- Receive, enter, and process customer parts orders.
- Maintain and update all customer and vendor files including electronic data, sales orders, purchase orders, quotes, and correspondence.
- Communicate with all customers, to ensure all purchase orders and inquiries are being processed in a timely and accurate fashion, monitoring any changes to estimated delivery time.
- Communicate any changes to estimated delivery to customers.
- Assist warehouse personnel in identification of parts and processing of orders.
- Process returned/damaged product, including serialized electronic parts, issuing credits as required.
- Utilize in full capacity each integrated software system provided by SMA; ensure all accurate data is recorded, and complete documentation of customer service actions; participate in the implementation of Digital Transformation and system upgrades.
- Any other duties and tasks, consistent with the job, may be assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written, and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish fluency is preferred.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, injection molding machines and related equipment.
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings.
- General office environment with some warehouse work.
If you wish to submit your resume for consideration, please email to email@example.com or fax to 1-847-709-7352 and reference the job number.