IIoT Network Specialist
IIoT Network Specialist
Elk Grove Village, IL
Date Written: March 14, 2022
Division: Digital Services
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL Office
Supervisor: General Manager
Shibaura Machine Company, America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shibaura Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including machine tools, injection molding machines and die casting machines. The principal responsibilities of the IIoT Network Specialist position are to actively engage in IIoT product sales and implementation support.
- Tailor and deliver customer-centric presentations on security and networking requirements of our IIoT solution;
- Conduct technical discoveries of customer’s network infrastructure and provide recommendations as to how to implement our IIoT solution;
- Communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all customer levels, including executive level and senior IT leadership;
- Understand and articulate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Configure customer shopfloor (factory) and machine networks in our IIoT solution and establish machine connectivity;
- Serve as our customers' primary technical point of contact throughout the project life cycle;
- Expectations for this role is 60% pre-sales and 40% delivery;
- Support Company IT department as available and required.
Any other duties and tasks, consistent with your abilities, which may be assigned.
- Three (3) years experience in a customer-facing pre-sales and/or consulting role;
- Prior experience in IP networking and TCP/IP protocol suite, network routing, VLANs etc.;
- Prior experience in designing, implementing, and operationalizing security controls across a wide range of IT and enterprise business systems;
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience;
- Willingness to travel on short notice with occasional international travel;
- Valid passport for travel to and from the U.S., and the willingness to do so;
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license with a driving record free of serious incidents, such as DUI’s;
- Work from remote/virtual and Company office when not visiting customers;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Fully competent with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Office.
- Prior experience in deploying IIoT applications in manufacturing environments.
- General office environment;
- Manufacturing conditions at a wide variety of customer sites; facilities may have certain standards which all vendors must meet to gain access, including the requirement for drug, background, and health screening; employment is contingent upon employee’s compliance to the standards established by each such facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screening;
- 35% travel may be required (US and International).