Customer Support Supervisor (Service)
Customer Support Supervisor (Service)
Elk Grove Village, IL Office
Date Written: Jan 31, 2023
Division: Machine Tools
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL Office
Supervisor: Service Manager/Senior Manager
FT/PT: Full-Time, 35 hours/week
Shibaura Machine Company, America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shibaura Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including machine tools. The principal responsibilities of the C.S. Supervisor are to provide customer service and technical support to customers and support the Customer Support department as required.
- Process all incoming service department customer requests, including gathering correct customer/machine information, identifying the nature of the request. Reach out to technical personnel for support when necessary and convey the correct information back to the customers and provide response commitment time when appropriate.
- Communicate directly with customers utilizing CRM system to satisfactorily identify and gather information to resolve machine tool performance issues.
- Quote and book service work to customers.
- Monitor the availability of all service personnel, consistent with division requirements, and provide prompt updates to service schedule, service personnel, and customers as needed.
- Review and approve all expense reports from service personnel in accordance with Company and division policy.
- Cross-reference all service reports, expense reports, and timecards for consistency, specifically monitoring mileage driven, and dates & times of departure & arrival, in order to identify opportunities for better cost control and greater time management efficiency, promptly reporting results to management.
- Maintain and update work and vacation schedules of all service department personnel.
- Assist with the qualification, engagement, and management of independent contractors in support of service operations.
- Assist management, training, and evaluation of Field Service Technicians (FST’s) and FST Apprentices, making recommendations which will be given significant weight as to hiring, discharge, advancement, promotion, or any other change in status.
- Travel to office and customer sites throughout North, Central, and South America when required for site supervision, analysis, and customer relations.
- Aid in the development and analysis of business operations reporting and period reporting to management.
- Assist in providing support for product liability defense activities as required.
Any other duties and tasks, consistent with your abilities may be assigned.
- Five (5) years’ experience in machine tool service work.
- Two (2) years’ experience supervising service support operations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written, and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Passport or equivalent travel document permitting international travel as required.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license with a driving record free of serious incidents, such as DUI’s.
- Sufficient credit or other financial resources to permit unrestricted domestic and international travel pending expense report reimbursement of legitimate business expenses.
- The ability to safely lift 50 pounds and work in awkward positions such as kneeling, bending, reaching (under machines, above machines, etc.).
Preferred Capabilities & Experience:
- Multi-lingual capability, written and oral, English / Spanish / Japanese.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, and electrical and hydraulic schematic drawings.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, machine tools and related equipment.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar ERP integrated software systems to manage operations.
- Though primarily general office environment, up to 10% of work time may require travel to customer sites throughout the America’s.
- Manufacturing conditions at a wide variety of customer sites. These facilities may have certain standards, which all vendors must meet in order to gain access, including the requirement for drug, background, and health screening. Employment is contingent on employee’s compliance to the standards established by each such facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screening.