755 Greenleaf Ave
Date Written: May 24, 2022
Division: Casting and Molding Division
Location: Elk Grove Village, Il
Supervisor: National Service Manager
Shibaura Machine Company, America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shibaura Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including plastic injection molding and die casting machines. The principal responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to perform a variety of administrative and customer service tasks in support of the service, parts, and engineering departments.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Casting and Molding Division customers, manufacturing representatives, independent service contractor (“ISC”) & outside service engineers.
- Ensure all incoming service, parts and engineering department telephone calls are promptly and efficiently answered, including; processing all calls and logging into the Company software system as required by division policy, with follow-up to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Perform all service & engineering entry into the Company software system including; quotations, service work orders, and billing.
- Support the service, ISC, & engineering work process ensuring proper Company software system entry of all service work data, billing for work completed, and all necessary accounts payable support to ensure timely and accurate vendor payment.
- Maintain, monitor, and update contracts, and agreements with sub-contractors and vendors and review on an annual basis.
- Proper filing and electronic conversion of all existing service records and related documentation.
- Perform a variety of customer service and support tasks, including; welcome visitors to the office and make courtesy calls to customers (regardless of customer location) regarding service scheduling and parts delivery schedules.
- Provide logistical support and monitor the shipment of toolboxes and related service equipment (regardless of customer location).
- Interact and organize service & engineering meetings for the division.
- Provide administrative support for the office, including maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
Any other duties and tasks, consistent with your abilities, which may be assigned.
- Two years of college (or equivalent).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both oral and written) and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Excellent phone and follow-up skills.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office.
- Highly organized, with strong secretarial and writing skills, and the ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- General office environment.