Accounts Receivable Associate
Accounts Receivable Associate
Elk Grove Village, IL Office
Date Written: August 15, 2022
Division: Finance Division, Accounting Department
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL Office
Supervisor: Assistant Accounting Manager, Elk Grove Village, IL
FT/PT: Full-Time, 35 hours/week
Shibaura Machine Co., America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shibaura Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery. The principal responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Associate is to perform a variety of accounts receivable and credit & collections support functions and activities within the Company’s accounting department.
- Post daily cash receipts for customer invoices from bank reports, monitor short payments, and any related payment discrepancies;
- Assist with collection of past due, outstanding invoices;
- Submit customer invoices on website portals for payment;
- Assist with distribution of invoices and statements to customers;
- Obtain customer trade and bank references for new accounts; request sales tax exemption forms as needed;
- Assist with customer credit card processing and payment application; follow up with customers regarding updated credit card information;
- Assist with updating master customer list and individual customer accounts, along with recording notes on the customer records;
- Assist with initiatives to electronically archive documents including AR daily cash receipts from manual scans, EFT/wire transfers/lockbox, as well as archive necessary sales/use tax documents;
- Assist with tracking and sending customer correspondence to reduce/eliminate manual checks from customers and promote lockbox and wire transfers;
- Support JSox requirements and responsible for copying/filing/scanning AR Credit applications approved by Treasurer;
- Provide assistance for any A/R related requests, inquiries and issues, along with emailing invoices, W-9’s, and EFT instructions to customers as requested;
- Support the Accounting Department in special projects, ad-hoc requests, and during periods of audit.
- Participate in future system implementation upgrades as required;
- Basic department support tasks including maintenance of all A/R files, archiving customer remittances; and other department tasks as required and requested;
- Any other duties and tasks, consistent with your abilities, which may be assigned.
- High school diploma required, college coursework preferred
- 2-3 years Accounts Receivable experience
- Accurate data entry skills; preferably strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both oral and written), and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Excel, Word and Office.
- General office environment.
- Remote; except as instructed by manager, training, etc.
If you wish to submit your resume for consideration, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-847-709-7354 and reference the job number.