Avoid damage to your machine caused by extended downtime
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, July 10, 2020
If your die casting machines are not under power for an extended period, You must read the following:
The below recommendations will help keep your machines in good running condition and minimize unplanned downtime:
KEEP YOUR MACHINE LUBRICATED
- If possible, it’s best to actually cast at least one hour a week. This actuates solenoid valves used in the casting process reducing failures.
- Schedule running of the hydraulic system pumps at least one hour each week while running the plant water cooling system.This will keep the machine temperature more consistent and maintain the corrosion and biocide treatment properties of the cooling water. This will also allow the hydraulic fluid to circulate preventing sticky valves.
- The machine die platen should be opened and closed manually, but with little locking force.
- The ejector and the injection system should be moved full stroke several times.
- The toggle lubrication system operates only when the pumps are running. This will supply lubrication to the bushings and linkage pins.
- Grease all machine fittings as per manual to keep points of motion lubricated
KEEP YOUR MACHINE’S INTERNAL SYSTEMS CLEAN
- The die spray system should be flushed with clean water in order to remove residual die lubricant from the system.
- If possible, use a filter pump cart to clean the fluid during the shutdown.
- Inspect and service the injection position sensor. Hydraulic fluid may have leaked on the sensor causing it to stick.
- Change machine hydraulic filters
KEEP YOUR MACHINE’S SYSTEMS MEMORY OPERATIONAL
- This is also a good time to replace the backup batteries for the PLC and auxiliary equipment.
We want to be your service and support partner!
If you have any questions, or require additional assistance, please contact our service department at:
Shibaura Machine Company, America
Die Casting Team
Want to know more about our machines?
Related News View All
Shibaura Machine has almost 50 years in the United States
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, June 6, 2020 Shibaura Machine has been manufacturing Die Casting Machines since 1953! Established an office in the United States in 1974! Currently with over 17,000 die-casting machines worldwide! Our team averages almost 25 year...Read more
Shibaura Machine - Services Remain Open During COVID-19
We continue to actively monitor and adopt to CDC guidelines, as well as those issued by federal, state, and local authorities to keep our staff, customers, and business partners healthy!Attached for your reference is a letter from our President and a hando...Read more
Shibaura Machine - Supporting critical manufacturers in the battle against COVID-19
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL - April 16, 2020 – Shibaura Machine is proud to work with our customers who have been deemed “essential manufacturers” during the current COVID-19 crisis. We continue to ship out machines being used to make Personal Protective Equipm...Read more